2022 - LeAnn C. Michaels, B.S.
2021 - Lauren A. Cafferty, MA
2020 - Leslie Meredith, MEd
2019 - Heather Angier, MPH
2018 - Jamie Jensen
2017 - Deborah Johnson
2016 - Tarek Bouhali, MD, MSc
- The nominee must be a current NAPCRG member.
- The term “Research Coordinator” has many synonyms, including Project Manager, Clinical Research Professional, Research Assistant, Research Associate, and/or Practice Facilitator. The Research Coordinator is an individual who manages the day-to-day operation of a research project, group of projects, or program. These individuals are often credentialed at the Master’s level, but may also be Baccalaureate-level professionals, or in some cases, doctorally-prepared individuals. Research Coordinators perform many tasks, including managing IRB submissions, recruiting subjects, cleaning or analyzing data, hiring, training and supervising other research staff, managing budgets and grant processes, and participation in manuscript writing and editing, to name just a few. In short, the Research Coordinator helps facilitate the organization, management, and/or execution of research projects.
- The nominee’s primary role must be to help facilitate the organization, management and/or execution of research projects as described in the purpose statement above.
- Examples of ineligible individuals might include graduate students whose primary role was coordinating their own student-initiated projects; individuals who provide purely administrative support, without a substantive role in the direct execution of research activities; faculty.
1. Nominator: By June 17, 2022, the nominator will submit the following materials electronically:
- A letter of nomination (two page maximum). The letter of nomination should emphasize why the nominee is both eligible for and deserving of the award (merit).
2. Nominee: The Awards Sub-Committee Chair will contact each nominee via electronic mail, to inform them that they're being considered for the Outstanding Research Coordinator Award. The nominee must submit the following materials by July 1, 2022:
- Complete the nominee form.
- Upload a current Curriculum Vitae (five page maximum).
Nominee: Submit Materials >>
Complete submissions will be evaluated independently by at least three members of the Awards Sub-Committee. The recipient of the Outstanding Research Coordinator Award will be recognized at the NAPCRG Annual Meeting.