Research Methodologies Workgroup
This Workgroup was developed to focus on methodological and analytic issues, both qualitative and quantitative, that are key for family medicine and primary care research.
This Work Group is dedicated to contributing to achieving the following goals and activities:
- To advocate for excellence and state-of-the-art methods in family medicine and primary care research
- To identify and explore new issues in research methodology, including novel study designs and qualitative and quantitative methods that may be relevant in family medicine and primary care research.
- To create a repository for information about research methods in primary care to be available to NAPCRG members.
US Co-chair: Christopher P. Morley, PhD, MA
Canadian Co-chair: Tyler Williamson, PhD
- Model for Evaluating Practice Transformation: Methods Applicable to the Emerging Science of Primary Care Systems Redesign. A Workshop at the NAPCRG Annual Meeting November, 2012. Presenters: Jeffery Alexander, Gillian Bartlett, Miriam Dickinson.
- Research Methods to Evaluate Primary Care Practice Change. A Workshop at the NAPCRG Annual Meeting November, 2013. Presenters: Miriam Dickinson, Gillian Bartlett, Doug Fernald.
- Advanced Methods for Primary Care Research: The Stepped Wedge Design. A Workshop at the NAPCRG Annual Meeting November 22, 2014. Presenters: Miriam Dickinson, Gillian Bartlett, Diana Dawes, Bethany Kwan, Christopher Meaney, and Pierre Pluye.
- Preconference Workshop for Methods for Primary Care Research. A full day Workshop at the NAPCRG Annual Meeting October 24, 2015. Presenters: Gillian Bartlett, PhD; Christopher Morley, PhD; Cristina Longo, MSc; Justin Gagnon, MA, BSC; Isabelle Vedel, MD, PhD; Jamie DeMore; Christopher Meaney, MSc; Tibor Schuster; L. Miriam Dickinson, PhD
- WS47 Discourse Analysis and Interpretive Research for Enhanced Patient-Centered Care. A Workshop at the NAPCRG Annual Meeting, October 27, 2015. Presenters: Charo Rodriguez; Emmanuelle Belanger; Nathalie Dinh; Richard Hovey; Gillian Bartlett; L. Miriam Dickinson; Douglas Fernald; Christopher Morley
- WS49 Advanced Workshop on Ethnography. A Workshop at the NAPCRG Annual Meeting, October 28, 2015. Presenters: Fiona Webster; Kathleen Rice; L. Miriam Dickinson; NAPCRG CASFM Working Group.
PR1 CASFM 2016 Methods Pre-Conference: Advancing Primary Care Research. Presented on Saturday, November 12, 2016 by Tyler Williamson, PhD; Christopher P. Morley, PhD; Gillian Bartlett, PhD; Chester H. Fox, MD; Lee A. Green, MD, MPH; Joseph W LeMaster, MD, MPH; Maeve O'Beirne, MD, PhD; Jon Salsberg, PhD; Hazel Tapp, PhD.