Practice-based Research Network (PBRN) Work Group
This Work Group explores the role of PBR laboratories and learning communities in the development of new model practices. It is currently using a collaborative strategy to develop research best practices specific to the context of practice-based research. The group also considers advocacy needs of Practice Based Researchers.
US Co-chair: Katrina Donahue MD, MPH
Canadian Co-chair: Donna Manca MD, MCLSC
- Westfall JM, Mold JW, Fagnan L. Practice-based research – “Blue Highways” on the NIH roadmap. JAMA 2007; 297(4): 403-406.
- Mold JW, Pasternak A, Macaulay A, Manca D, Rubin G, Westfall J, Beasley J, Hickner J, Fagnan LJ, Handley M, Haddy R, Hankey T. Definitions of common terms relevant to primary care research. Annals of Family Medicine 2008; 6(6): 570-571.
- Fagnan LJ, Handley MA, Rollins N, and Mold J. Voices from left of the dial: Reflections of practice-based researchers. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine 2010; 23(4): 442-451.
- Kleinman MS, Mold JW. Defining the components of the research pipeline. Clinical and Translational Science 2009; 2(4): 312-314.
- Practice-based Research Good Practice (PRGP). A document that is the culmination of a mixed-methods research project in which over one hundred researchers contributed their experience, expertise and wisdom to identify research best practices, and then to detail recommendations and strategies to support the primary care research enterprise. Authors: Neale AN, Aspy C, Campbell-Voytal K, Daly J, Dolor R, Fagnan LJ,Levy B, Louks H, Michaels L, Nagykaldi Z, Patterson B.
- PBRN Research Best Practices: Stakeholder Engagement. A Workshop at the NAPCRG PBRN Conference, June 30, 2015. Presenters: Maeve O’Beirne, Kimberly Campbell-Voytal, Rowena Dolor, Katrina Donahue; Margaret Love, Sveta Mohanan, Victoria Neale, and Hazel Tapp.
- Advancing Good Practices in PBRN Research. A Workshop at the NAPCRG Annual Meeting, October 27, 2015. Presenters: Maeve O'Beirne, Kimberly Campbell-Voytal, Rowena Dolor, Katrina Donahue, Margaret Love, Sveta Mohanan, Hazel Tapp, Jonathan Tobin, and Anne Victoria Neale
- Campbell-Voytal, K., Daly, J. M., Nagykaldi, Z. J., Aspy, C. B., Dolor, R. J., Fagnan, L. J., Levy, B. T., Palac, H. L., Michaels, L., Patterson, V. B., Kano, M., Smith, P. D., Sussman, A. L., Williams, R., Sterling, P., O'Beirne, M. and Neale, A. V. (2015), Team Science Approach to Developing Consensus on Research Good Practices for Practice-Based Research Networks: A Case Study. Clinical and Translational Science, 8: 632–637. doi: 10.1111/cts.12363
- Dolor, R. J., Campbell-Voytal, K., Daly, J., Nagykaldi, Z. J., O'Beirne, M., Sterling, P., Fagnan, L. J., Levy, B., Michaels, L., Louks, H. A., Smith, P., Aspy, C. B., Patterson, V. B., Kano, M., Sussman, A. L., Williams, R. and Neale, A. V. (2015), Practice-based Research Network Research Good Practices (PRGPs): Summary of Recommendations. Clinical and Translational Science, 8: 638–646. doi: 10.1111/cts.12317