Phillips Futures Fellowship
NAPCRG is pleased to announce the creation of a new fellowship designed to recognize individuals who show creativity and promise in the field of primary care research. The NAPCRG Phillips Futures Fellowship will be an investment in future contributions and will support upcoming researchers, rather than honor past accomplishments.
NAPCRG invites all members of the primary care research community to nominate a special colleague or apply to be a Phillips Futures Fellow. Fellows may come from any profession, academic field, nation, career stage, or research role. A Fellowship of $2,500.00 will be awarded to a person or group, not to a project.
Application/nomination deadline: Monday, August 14, 2023.
- Demonstrate devotion to caring, generalism and curiosity.
- Have a record of and/or potential for connecting people, integrating fields and synthesizing knowledge.
- Show exceptional promise for future advances in research that improve primary care and the health of patients and populations.
- Show potential for the Fellowship to empower future contributions of the Fellow and others.
- Attend the NAPCRG Annual Meeting following the Fellowship year (the meeting registration fee will be waived).
- Make a presentation at the Annual Meeting in any format desired based on guidelines established by the Program Committee.
- Present a Fellowship Report describing the activities undertaken and how the funds were used. It can be in any format but must include some durable record. The report should summarize the goals, activities, accomplishments, and work outcomes over the Fellowship year and highlight how the Fellowship experience helped grow opportunities, connections, advances, innovations, and future directions.
- Use award funds for any purpose that advances primary care research at the Fellow’s discretion, particularly to advance work that promotes the Fellowship mission, develops their personal potential, and creates meaningful change. The funds shall not be used to pay routine overhead expenses or to replace salary or other available funds.
How to apply:
Fellowship candidates should provide a resume or C.V. and a short letter describing the activities they hope to undertake and how the Fellowship will empower their capacity for success. The letter might highlight plans for topics to explore, people or communities to understand, problems to solve, areas or investigate or develop, or relationships to build.
How to nominate:
The NAPCRG Phillips Futures Fellowship has been established through initial gifts from William R. Phillips, MD, MPH, and Suzanne S. Phillips, MSW.