Research Career Opportunities
The NAPCRG Career Opportunities page is the place to find and list a job in the field of primary care research.
Job Seekers: Job seekers can view positions by clicking the position title on the left for more information.
Employers: Would you like to list a job opportunity in primary care research on this page? Join the many universities, colleges, research organizations, corporations and government agencies that have used the NAPCRG Career Opportunities page to advertise their positions to our 1,300+ members. Submit the Career Posting Order Form and your position description today.
- Associate or Full Professor - Université de Montréal
- Clinical Associate Professor/Clinical Assistant Professor - University of Hong Kong Department of Family Medicine and Primary Care
- Vice Chair of Research - University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix
- Clinician Researcher - Dalhousie University
- Multiple positions, HKUMed
- Family Medicine Clinical Faculty, Hospital Medicine Focus - UC Davis
Associate or Full Professor in Family Medicine and Primary Care
Université de Montréal Department of Family and Emergency Medicine, Faculty of Medicine
The Department of Family and Emergency Medicine (DMFMU) of the Faculty of Medicine at the Université de Montréal in partnership with the Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal (University of Montreal Hospital) Research Centre (CRCHUM) invites applicants for an associate or full-professor position available in the field of family medicine and primary care. The selected candidate will be offered a tenure-track position in the Department of Family and Emergency Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine of the Université de Montréal. The Université de Montréal offers a competitive salary combined with a full range of benefits. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply for a Philanthropic Research Chair in Family Medicine.
The research environment at the DMFMU:
The DMFMU is renowned for its leadership in primary care and community-based research, and particularly for expertise in the following areas:
- Patient and public partnership, and experiential knowledge
- Comprehensive health approaches for people who use drugs, including the Substance Misuse Research Initiative (CRISM)
- Prevention and treatment of complex chronic diseases
The main research facilities of the DMFMU are based at CRCHUM in downtown Montreal. The DMFMU also has a mature and successful Primary Practice Research Network (RRSPUM) that brings together -19 academic Family Medicine Clinics. The DMFMU is also involved in the Faculty of Medicine's flagship project, to develop the interprofessional community university clinic (CUCI), which will offer ample research opportunities for the successful candidate. For more information, visit us at DMFMU.
The CRCHUM is the largest research centre in the field of biomedical sciences and healthcare at the Université de Montréal. It is one of the largest and most modern centres in Canada for fundamental, clinical, and public health research. For more information, visit us at www.chumontreal.qc.ca/crchum.
An internationally renowned institution, the Faculty of Medicine at UdeM fulfills a threefold mission of teaching, research and health improvement in the fields of clinical, basic and health sciences. The Faculty of Medicine comprises 16 departments, two schools and more than 700 professors (excluding clinical professors) and more than 6,000 students. A third of Quebec's doctors and a large number of health professionals in the province have been trained at UdeM's Faculty of Medicine. For more information, visit us at Faculty of Medicine.
Through your teaching and research activities, you will also ensure to promote of your discipline in addition to actively participating in the operation of a renowned institution. To be considered as a qualified candidate, you will:
- Have experience and a well-established track record in implementation science;
- Possess research skills and knowledge including knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methodology, epidemiology, implementation science and participatory research;
- Have expertise in research focusing on prevention and management of chronic diseases and populations with complex needs;
- Demonstrate an excellent ability to work with front-line workers, physicians and medical specialists, health professionals, patients, students and the community in an interdisciplinary academic clinic setting;
- Demonstrate excellent productivity (in terms of publications and funding).
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Have been trained as a clinician scientist or PhD researcher in a field relevant to family medicine and primary care;
- Have an excellent academic record;
- Have relevant work experience in an academic environment for at least 10 years;
- Demonstrate scientific leadership and capacity for collaborative research with teams of clinicians, patients and community organizations;
- Have a good knowledge of the Canadian and Quebec healthcare systems;
- Have sufficient knowledge of the French language or be prepared to learn it through the French language learning support program offered by UdeM, under the Université de Montréal's Language Policy.
Deeply rooted in Montréal and dedicated to its international mission, Université de Montréal is one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. Like the city whose name it bears, it is effervescent and multicultural. UdeM attracts over $500 million in research funding every year, making it one of the three university research hubs in Canada. It also ranks among the best universities worldwide and among the five best French language universities. With its two affiliated schools, HEC Montréal and Polytechnique Montréal, UdeM is one of the largest centres of higher education in North America. For more information, visit us at www.umontreal.ca.
How to Apply:
Applications received before April 28, 2023 ,will be considered on a priority basis, but the position will remain open until filled. You are invited to send a cover letter outlining your motivation to apply, your curriculum vitae, a description of your research interests (limit 3 pages), and the names and full contact information of three people who can provide references academic contributions, notably in your field of research. Your application should be addressed to:
Dr. Nathalie Caire Fon, Associate Professor and Director
Department of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine
Faculty of Medicine
Université de Montréal
P.O. Box 6128, Station Centre-ville
Websites: http://www.medfam.umontreal.ca/ and www.med.umontreal.ca
Reference number: MED 03-23/09
Diversity and Inclusion:
Université de Montréal is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. Through its Equal Access Employment Program, UdeM invites applications from women, Aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities, as well as persons with disabilities. We will - confidentially, adapt our recruitment mechanisms to the specific needs of people with disabilities who request it.
UdeM embraces a broad and inclusive definition of diversity that goes beyond applicable laws, and therefore encourages all qualified individuals to apply, regardless of their characteristics. However, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadians and permanent residents.
In order to measure the impact of its equity, diversity and inclusion actions, UdeM is collecting data on applicants identifying themselves with one of the groups targeted by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act, namely women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with limitations. To this end, we thank you for completing this self-identification questionnaire. The information you provide through this form is strictly confidential and will be shared only with those responsible for the UdeM EAEP. If you wish, you may also indicate that you belong to one of the targeted groups in your cover letter, which will be reviewed by the selection committee and the assembly of peers.
Université de Montréal's application process allows all members of the Professor's Assembly to review the application files submitted. If you wish to keep your application confidential until the shortlist is established, please mention it in your application.
posting expires May 20, 2023
Non-Tenure Track Clinical Associate Professor/Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Hong Kong Department of Family Medicine and Primary Care, School of Clinical Medicine
Applications are invited for appointment as Non-Tenure Track Clinical Associate Professor/Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Family Medicine and Primary Care, School of Clinical Medicine (Ref.: 519819), to commence as soon as possible, on a four-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal.
The Department of Family Medicine and Primary Care aims to produce doctors to practice medicine of the highest standard and in the best interests of their patients and the community, and to inspire them to strive for and achieve academic excellence. It is the mission of the Department to promote quality primary care through education, patient-centered service and research in family medicine.
- Possess a primary medical qualification registrable with the Medical Council of Hong Kong and a higher qualification in general practice/family medicine, and preferably a FHKAM (Family Medicine) or equivalent specialist qualification
- Demonstrate excellence in clinical services
- Have a strong commitment and experience in undergraduate teaching
- Exhibit the capacity and potential in research
- Be fluent in both English and Cantonese although teaching, research and professional activities are conducted in English
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Participate in the planning and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate medical education programs in Family Medicine
- Conduct clinical research
- Develop and provide clinical services in primary care in the HKUMed affiliated hospitals and clinics including the HKU-Shenzhen Hospital
- Contribute to administrative duties in the Department, Faculty and University
Information about the post can be obtained from Professor Cindy Lam at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement (Ref.: 517449) need not re-apply.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. At current rates, salaries tax does not exceed 15% of gross income. The appointment will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totaling up to 15% of basic salary. A monthly cash allowance will be offered to the successful candidate. Housing benefits will also be provided as applicable.
The University only accepts online application for this post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s career site and upload an up-to-date curriculum vitae including a publication list highlighting their best papers. Review of applications will start from May 10, 2023, and continue until June 30, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency.
posting expires June 5, 2023
Vice Chair of Research (Assistant, Associate or Full Professor)
University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix
The Department of Family, Community, and Preventive Medicine (FCPM) at the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix invites applications for Vice Chair of Research faculty position. FCPM is seeking to enhance and expand its research base, strengthening existing clinical and community-based research programs and developing new research opportunities. The Department aims to be among the top departments for research and innovation in primary care, community and public health, and social determinants of health. FCPM is recruiting for a research Vice Chair with a broad base of inquiry, research, and innovation aligned with the department’s priorities and the College of Medicine’s Strategic Plan. This individual will have the unique opportunity to partner with the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix, the Phoenix Biomedical Campus, and Banner Health.
The Department’s research interests include but are not limited to: primary care, practice delivery and innovation, primary care workforce pipeline, health disparities, social determinants of health, public health, interprofessional team-based care, behavioral health, population health, chronic disease management, acute disease management, and prevention. The College strategic plan emphasizes community-based partnerships to advance health education and research. These priorities will frame areas of emphasis for this position.
The Vice Chair will assist the Department in developing research vision and infrastructure, seeking grant and other funding opportunities, serving as a principal investigator, developing research plans and methods, implementing and managing research studies and staff, and disseminating research findings. In addition to building the FCPM’s research program, the individual will be expected to develop collaborative relationships with other university, clinical, and community partners.
The Vice Chair will be expected to build a Practice Based Research Network. They will also be expected to mentor clinical colleagues interested in research, including faculty, residents, and students. The research Vice Chair will also be expected to contribute to FCPM’s teaching and service missions. Physicians in this role will have the opportunity for FTE allocation in a clinical capacity.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement departmental research vision and infrastructure
- Seek extramural funding for research in FCPM’s priority areas by developing and submitting research grant proposals to appropriate funding agencies
- As Principal Investigator, partner with clinical, community, and research faculty to form research teams, develop research plans, write funding proposals, and implement and disseminate studies.
- Mentor residents, faculty, medical students, and other colleagues in research project development and grant proposal writing, project implementation, and dissemination of results through scientific publication and presentations.
- Mentor residents and medical students in study design, analytics, dissemination, and translation to practice.
- Engage in teaching activities (e.g. guest lectures) for residents and students.
- Disseminate research findings through peer-reviewed publications, conference presentations, and invited lectures.
- Participate on appropriate departmental and/or College of Medicine committees, and professional organization committees as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Collaborate with other departments, universities, and clinical and community partners.
- Manage projects, teams, and staff.
- Statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain funding.
- Demonstrated ability to disseminate research findings through publication and/or presentation.
- MD or DO with an emerging or established track record of research.
- Board certified and/or participating in maintenance of certification for specialty as applicable.
- Eligible for unrestricted medical license in Arizona as applicable.
- Experience in Health Care Research and other funded research.
- Experience in family medicine or primary care.
- Experience with community-based research.
- Experience in grant writing.
- Experience with community partnership and collaboration.
- Previous experience as a PI.
- Experience developing research portfolio (established an initial research portfolio)
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Click here to apply (Please include Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter)
For More Information:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
posting expires April 30, 2023
The Department of Family Medicine (Halifax Site), Dalhousie University and Nova Scotia Health (NSH) invite applications for a 1.0 full-time academic clinician-researcher. The Department seeks a 0.5 FTE research commitment to develop or continue one’s own program of family medicine/primary care research, including the undertaking of local, national and international grant-funded research using quantitative, qualitative and mixed-methods research. Candidates will be granted an academic appointment at Dalhousie University and obtain an active staff appointment with the Central Zone Department of Family Practice (NSH) and potentially the IWK Health Authority.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate’s research activities will focus on the development of family medicine/primary care research projects that are relevant to family medicine practice and/or education in Nova Scotia and Canada. The candidate will seek to participate collaboratively as a research team member with others in the Department, including MD and/or PhD researchers and a Tier II Canada Research Chair in Primary Care. Further, the position includes the provision of support to medical students, family medicine residents, graduate students and faculty in the development of research skills in family medicine/primary care.
The remainder of this position will include 0.4 FTE in clinical care – specifically the provision of ambulatory, team-based and comprehensive academic family medicine care including clinical supervision, training and evaluation of medical learners. Finally, 0.1 FTE will be directed towards academic non-clinical teaching activities.
This position offers exciting opportunities for career development within academic family medicine in a dynamic department with over 800 community-based family physicians in 64 communities across the three Maritime provinces.
The successful candidate must have CCFP certification, be a current and ongoing member of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and be eligible to obtain a full license to practice in Nova Scotia. A thesis-based MSc/MA or PhD in a related health research discipline is also required. Preference will be given to those with previous health-related research and those who have experience in clinical and research supervision of medical learners.
Academic rank and remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, with a continuing appointment commencing Sept 01, 2023. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Dalhousie University commits to achieving inclusive excellence through continually championing equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons (especially Mi’kmaq), persons of Black/African descent (especially African Nova Scotians), and members of other racialized groups, persons with disabilities, women, and persons identifying as members of 2SLGBTQ+ communities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
- Résumé / Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Statement
- Research Statement
- List of referees
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://dal.peopleadmin.ca/postings/12510
posting expires April 30, 2023
HKUMed, Hong Kong
The Medical Faculty of the University of Hong Kong has launched a global recruitment campaign to recruit 140 clinical and non-clinical professoriate staff ahead of our 140th anniversary in 2027. We look forward to meeting interested academics.
Visit www.med.hku.hk/140for140 to learn more about the campaign.
posting expires May 31, 2023
UC Davis Family Medicine Clinical Faculty, Hospital Medicine Focus
Salary range: The salary range for this position is $222,000 -$237,000. This position includes membership in the Health Sciences Compensation Plan. (https://aadocs.ucdavis.edu/policies/apm/apm-670.pdf)
Open date: February 28, 2023
Next review date: Tuesday, Mar 28, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, Feb 28, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The University of California, Davis School of Medicine is recruiting for a full-time Assistant or Associate Professor in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor series in the Department of Family and Community Medicine. The Department of Family Medicine is national leader in primary care research, education, and clinical care.
The position would be expected to contribute with distinction in the areas of clinical care, teaching mentoring of trainees scholarly and/or creative activities, and University and public service.
Specific core duties, functions and responsibilities include:
- Providing care of adult and pediatric hospital inpatients. Inpatient coverage is assigned in week-long increments (Thursday afternoon through Thursday afternoon, inclusive of the intervening weekend), with daytime coverage provided in house and night time coverage by telephone from home. Eight to twelve weeks of inpatient coverage are anticipated, spaced over the academic year, with the exact amount dependent on the amount of other clinical duties performed.
- Providing direct outpatient clinical care in all aspects of family medicine
- Teaching and supervision of residents and medical students in both the inpatient and outpatient settings, with an emphasis on family medicine hospital inpatient care.
- Contributing to departmental, University and public service
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
- MD or DO degree
- Successful completion of an approved family medicine residency training program
- Be Board certified or board eligible in Family Medicine
- Ability to obtain a Medical License in the State of California
- Current outpatient clinical practice including outpatient pediatric, prenatal, and postpartum care.
- Current inpatient practice caring for medically ill adult and pediatric patients.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant healthcare leadership roles
- Demonstrated experience in the teaching of residents and students
- Commitment to providing care to diverse populations and under-served populations
- Hospitalist or equivalent training and/or job experience
- Current inpatient obstetrics practice experience in care of LGBTQ populations
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco-free campus (http://breathefree.ucdavis.edu/).
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals’ with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
Under Federal law, the University of California may employ only individuals who are legally able to work in the United States as established by providing documents as specified in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Certain UC Davis positions funded by federal contracts or sub-contracts require the selected candidate to pass an E-Verify check. More information is available at: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify
The University of California, Davis (UC Davis) is committed to inclusive excellence by advancing equity, diversity and inclusion in all that we do. UC Davis celebrates the multi-cultural diversity of its community by creating a welcoming and inclusive environment demonstrated through a variety of resources and programs available to academics, staff, and students. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are core values of UC Davis that are embedded within our Principles of Community and are tied with how to best serve our student population. Our excellence in research, teaching, and service can best be fully realized by members of our academic community who share our commitment to these values, which are included in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Vision, our strategic plan: “To Boldly Go,” our Principles of Community, the Office of Academic Affairs’ Mission Statement, and the UC Board of Regents Policy 4400: Policy on University of California Diversity Statement. UC Davis is making important progress towards our goal of achieving federal designation as a Hispanic- Serving Institution and an Asian American, Native American, and Pacific Islander-Serving Institution. The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion offers a plethora of resources on their website, and the Office of Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (HEDI) has outlined similar goals in their Anti-Racism and DEI Action Plan.” There are a plethora of links available on the About Us webpage where you can learn more about our Administration, Diversity and Inclusion, Rankings, Locations, Native American Land Acknowledgement, Sustainability, Visiting UC Davis, UC Davis Health, and Campus Safety.
The university is consistently ranked among the top institutions in the world for campus sustainability practices by theUI Green Metric World University Rankings. UC Davis is focused on achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions and repeatedly shown its commitment to preserving a healthy and sustainable environment for generations to come.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of CaliforniaPolicy on Vaccination Programs - With Updated Interim Amendments. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of receiving the COVID-19 Vaccine Primary Series or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, Religious Objection, and/or Deferral based on pregnancy or recent COVID-19 diagnosis and/or treatment) no later than the applicable deadline. All Covered Individuals must also provide proof of receiving the most recent CDC-recommended COVID-19 booster or properly decline such booster no later than the applicable deadline. New University of California employees should refer to Exhibit 2, Section II.C. of the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Attachment for applicable deadlines. All Covered Individuals must also provide proof of being Up-To-Date on seasonal influenza vaccination or properly decline such vaccination no later than the applicable deadline. Please refer to the Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Program Attachment.(Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
Apply now: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF05547/apply
View this position online: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF05547
posting expires May 29, 2023
11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway
Leawood, KS 66211