Complexity Science (CS) Work Group - Update coming soon!
The Complexity Science Work Group seeks to promote the application of complexity science principles to the conduct and interpretation of primary care research. Although the SIG meets only once each year, the SIG communicates throughout the year via the Complexity Science listserv.
U.S. Co-chair: Richard Young
Non-U.S. Co-chair: Carmel Martin, MBBS, MSc, PhD, MRCGP, FRACGP, FAFPHM
To date, the Work Group has achieved the following:
- Establishment of a complexity science listserv and monthly conference calls
- Annual tracks of paper and poster complexity science presentations at NAPCRG
- Development of a complexity science curriculum
- Creation of complexity science modules on NAPCRG website
- Inclusion of term “complexity science” for submissions
- Identification of a cadre of reviewers in complexity science
- Development of “Complexity Science Forum” in the Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice
- Assistance with the development of the International Society for Systems and Complexity Sciences for Health