The Complexity Science SIG seeks to promote the application of complexity science principles to the conduct and interpretation of primary care research. Although the SIG meets only once each year, the SIG communicates throughout the year via the Complexity Science listserv.
Meetings of the SIG during NAPCRG's annual conference focus on reviewing complexity science offerings at the conference, and sharing current and planned complexity science studies underway. The SIG is currently working on several projects, including development of a SIG strategic plan.
To date, the SIG has achieved the following:
- Establishment of a complexity science listserv and monthly conference calls
- Annual tracks of paper and poster complexity science presentations at NAPCRG
- Development of a complexity science curriculum
- Creation of complexity science modules on NAPCRG website
- Inclusion of term “complexity science” for submissions
- Identification of a cadre of reviewers in complexity science
- Development of “Complexity Science Forum” in the Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice
- Assistance with the development of the International Society for Systems and Complexity Sciences for Health