Open Positions & Nomination Process
Board of Directors & Gallery
Voting Board Member responsibilities include attendance at two in-person meetings per year, as well as teleconference meetings and active electronic conversations. In some years, the Board has held additional meetings. Executive committee positions (Vice President, President, Immediate Past President, Secretary-Treasurer) require attendance of weekly teleconference calls.
Gallery positions are non-voting positions. Gallery positions are invited to attendee two in-person meetings per year, as well as teleconference meetings and active electronic conversations.
Nomination Board positions require a time and energy commitment that should not be underestimated. Candidates are urged to consider personal priorities for the two years as well as ways for them to contribute to the development of the organization.
Open positions for 2019-2020 Board of Directors are:
- Vice-President/President/Immediate Past President (Board Chair)*
- Chair, Committee on Advancing the Science of Family Medicine
- Chair, Communications Committee
- Chair, Community Clinician Advisory Group
- Chair, Governance Committee
- Chair, Membership Committee
- U.S. Patient Representative
- Trainee Representative
Open positions for 2019-2020 Gallery are:
- Chair, Awards Committee
Job descriptions for the open Board of Directors and Gallery positions can be found here.
*Nominations for the NAPCRG Board of Directors’ position of Vice President will be limited to NAPCRG members who have either served previously or currently serve on the NAPCRG Board of Directors and/or have actively participated on a NAPCRG Committee.
Time and Financial Considerations for Board Members
- Conference Calls for updates on programs, setting policy, etc. (as needed).
- Committee Work (generally by email) if applicable. November Board Meeting (date varies).
- March/April Board Meeting (date varies).
- Attend the NAPCRG Annual Meeting.
NAPCRG board members are reimbursed the amount of coach airfare, ground transportation and expenses for the days during the March/April meeting. Board members will be reimbursed for (1) nights hotel expense while attending a board meeting at the NAPCRG Annual Meeting if an extended stay is required. Board members pay for their own travel, additional hotel nights and conference registration to attend the meetings during the NAPCRG Annual Meeting.
Time and Financial Considerations for Gallery Members
- Committee Work (generally by email) if applicable. November Board Meeting (date varies, attendance optional).
- March/April Board Meeting (date varies, attendance optional)).
- Attend the NAPCRG Annual Meeting.
Gallery members pay for their own travel, hotel nights and conference registration, when applicable, to attend the board meetings.
Other Items of Note
All members of the Board of Directors receive Directors and Officers Liability Insurance. When possible, the President position will be alternated between a U.S. and Canadian member. The NAPCRG Governance Committee and Board of Directors strictly adheres to NAPCRG policy on promoting diversity when selecting nominees for open positions.
The deadline to complete a nomination for Board or Gallery position was March 1, 2019.
NAPCRG has nine standing committees and five workgroups. These groups meet once every two or three months via teleconference and use email to update and communicate. Committee meetings typically last 1-2 hours, and action items from committees are considered by the Board of Directors.
Open committee member positions for the 2019-2020:
- Governance Committee
- Research Advocacy Committee
- Communications Committee
- International Committee
- Awards Committee
- Membership Committee
- Program Committee
In order to be eligible for committee/workgroup membership, candidates must be current, paid members of NAPCRG. Members of NAPCRG’s standing committees serve for a two-year term and are limited to two consecutive terms.
A Committee member’s term begins and ends on the last day of the NAPCRG Annual Meeting (usually held in October or November).
NAPCRG Committee descriptions can be found here.
The deadline to complete a nomination for a Committee member position was March 1, 2019.
Nominations Overview & Process
- Submit the completed nomination application form and your résumé / CV by midnight, March 1, 2019. All nominees must complete this nomination application to be considered for the position.
- Complete the Conflict of Interest form found here and send to Tom Vansaghi at email@example.com or fax to 913-906-6096
- Copies of the completed application will be distributed to the Governance Committee and members of the Board of Directors and will aid in understanding how you would like to contribute to the organization's work.
- All applications and résumé / CV's will be reviewed by the Governance Committee.
- Governance Committee will make recommendations for each open board position to the Board of Directors. Board of Directors meet and review the recommendations and then motion for selection.
- Committee member nominations will submitted to the respective committee chair.
Questions? Contact Tom Vansaghi at firstname.lastname@example.org.