2019 NAPCRG ICPF Conference Poster Information
Each display is allocated a 4-ft. by 6-ft. horizontal tackboard. Each panel should be prepared on heavyweight paper or lightweight cardboard so they are easy to mount. Presenters are urged to design posters in whatever fashion they believe best describes the program component or activity. Remember that the presentation is primarily a visual one, and make maximum use of figures, graphs, diagrams, and flow charts on the panels used.
An abstract panel is not a necessary component of any type of poster presentation and is specifically discouraged. A printed strip at least four inches high showing the title of the presentation and the names of the authors or presenter(s) should be prepared for each poster to be affixed to the top of each display with poster tacks. Your lettering for this information should not be less than one-inch in height. Your audience will be standing from three to six feet away from the poster and the lettering should be easily legible from that distance.
Each individual panel in the display should be clearly numbered in the upper right hand corner so that viewers can quickly determine the sequence to follow in viewing the individual panels in each presentation.
While your poster should be self-explanatory, if you like, we suggest bringing around 40 handouts to distribute to those who would like additional information on your poster. Please label your handout clearly with the title of your presentation.
TIPS FOR PREPARING A POSTER PRESENTATION
The major components of an effective poster presentation include:
- Number each panel of your poster so sequence for viewing is clear to
- Be sure connection of ideas and progression of thought is clear from one panel of the poster to
- Use a minimum of text (a rule of thumb is that total length of text for a poster presentation should not exceed 25 lines).
- Use lists or phrases instead of complete sentences when
- If an accompanying handout is needed for your poster presentation, label it clearly with the title of your
EDITORIAL ASSISTANCE AND ARTWORK PROCESSING
Assistance in submitting artwork and other necessary material for processing for poster presentations should be obtained from the presenters' own facilities.
An effective poster session:
- Can be read and understood easily from a distance of 4
- Has charts and tables that can be comprehended in 1 minute per page viewing time: no more than 4 rows and columns per table, no more than 3 components being graphed no 3-dimensional graphs, no double-Y-axis graphs
- Has posters displayed as nearly at eye level as
An effective poster presentation can be even more useful to its authors than an oral presentation. There is the opportunity for one-to-one discussion with viewers; the resulting feedback is frequently quite valuable.
If you wish to ship your poster directly to the hotel you may do so at the below address. You MUST include your name on the shipping address. Do not ship your item to the hotel under NAPCRG’s name without a guest name attached, the hotel cannot guarantee it will make it to you without your name attached to it.
Your name, Hold for Arrival date NAPCRG/ICPF, Amy Robinson One Bethesda Metro Center Bethesda, MD 20814
Funding for this conference was made possible in part by grant 1R13HS025315‐03 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.